Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Compared Beowulf to other Heroes stories

Compared to this story, where Beowulf was from he was the big hero. As in any other stories most of the heroes always ending up dying or getting hurt. People like Beowulf wants to fight for the right things and help people out. (Compare him to spider-man). Spider-man flew around helping people when his spider senses went tingling. Beowulf went helping people when he heard something bad was happening somewhere he knew of.

"I feared no one.I awaited my destiny well:never did I plot a quarrel,never did I swear an unjust oath.I take joy in this,despite a mortal wound.The Ruler of Mankind will not charge that I murdered a kinsman when my life departs this body(Beowulf)". Spider-man and Batman, didn't fear anyone just as Beowulf didn't fear anyone. The difference with Beowulf is that he prayed that God will always be there with him through what ever fight he was going up against. I've never seen Batman or Spider-man pray in there movies.

No comments: