Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mentor Log: October 7, 2008

October 7, 2008
3:38p.m--6.30p.m

My experience at Georgia Institute of Cosmetology was okay. It was nothing like Empire Beauty School. Georgia Institute of Cosmetology is a very open place. When i first got there, they greeted me and asked what i was there for. I had to wait for at least about 20 to 30 minutes for someone to assist me. As i was waiting i was looking at girls doing a manikin doll hair and also an instructor helped a student make a wig for herself. The wig came out pretty good.

After observing them, i went inside an office and was introduced to the lady(i forgot her name) that was going to show me around the place. We walked around and she showed me all the stations where they do hair and shampooing area. And also where the student that still work on dolls do hair at and i think they only had one classroom. After that she had me sit at the front to answer the phone and greet people when they came inside if they weren't a student. They didn't have much business going on. Their prices were cheap compared to a regular salon prices. While i was there i didn't do much, just sat and stared at people do one another hair.

No comments: